board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Calling all creative folk!

Post Reply   Page 13 of 13  [ 243 posts ]
Jump to page « 19 10 11 12 13
aninkling
Post subject: Re: Calling all creative folk!
Posted: Fri 01 Dec , 2017 3:10 pm

I thought so, too. :) And it's easier than it looks. The head and feet are embroidered and I was afraid my embroidery skills would make a mess of it, but it doesn't seem to matter. I just kept adding a strand here or there until it looked like a sheep head and not a blob.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
MariaHobbit
Posted: Fri 01 Dec , 2017 4:41 pm

It would never have occurred to me to embroider a knitted product. :suspicious:

Doesn't that mess up the stretchyness?

Profile Quote
aninkling
Posted: Fri 01 Dec , 2017 6:01 pm

It's not all that stretchy around the decoration, anyway, once you have the knitted liner and outer mitten and have attached the sheep body, which is knitted separately. There's enough stretch to be comfortable, though.

Society can and does execute its own mandates, and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. ― John Stuart Mill

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 13 of 13  [ 243 posts ]
Return to “Made in Dale: Hobbies and Entertainment” | Jump to page « 19 10 11 12 13
Jump to: