board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Pretty'n up Palin

Locked   Page 2 of 6  [ 119 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
yovargas
Post subject: Re: Pretty'n up Palin
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 12:51 am

PS - I really hate this complete and utter non-story. The idea that somehow dressing up in fancy clothes is deceptive or whatever is nonsensical. What does being from a small-town have to do with getting some expensive clothes when you get a chance?

halplm
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 1:04 am
b77 whipping boy

She is exactly what she said she was, and when she was running for vice president, she did what she thought necessary to try to win.

I looked for any information on how much Obama spent on those things. Couldn't find any info.

You would think the comparison would be right there in every story about Palin.

The only conclusion I can reach from that, is that he spent more on the same thing, so using it as comparison ruins the story on palin.

Does it not concern you, TED, that how Obama spent that 750 million is so hard to find details on?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

jewelsong
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 1:08 am
Just keep singin'!

Ah, Sarah Palin.

She puts the "alas" in Alaska.

:D

Jude
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 2:23 am
Aspiring to heresy

:damnfunny:

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 2:31 pm

from Halplm
Quote:
I looked for any information on how much Obama spent on those things. Couldn't find any info.

You would think the comparison would be right there in every story about Palin.

The only conclusion I can reach from that, is that he spent more on the same thing, so using it as comparison ruins the story on palin.
1- you looked for the smoking gun on Obama to prove he did the same or even worse
2- you found nothing incriminating on Senator Obama
3- the absence fo any evidence proves to you that he spent even more than Palin did

I sure am happy that you are NOT the legal prosecutor in any criminal case I may find myself in.
"We could not find any incriminating evidence against you so that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are guilty"

Falling down the rabbit hole with Alice again.
Quote:
She is exactly what she said she was, and when she was running for vice president, she did what she thought necessary to try to win.
Sadly, the record shows us the opposite is true. She brags about getting her wardrobe from a Wasilla second hand consingment store but when somebody else is paying the bill she turns into what a McCain staffer called "Wasilla hillbilies looking Neiman-Marcus from coast to coast". Not my description mind you - but that comes from the McCain campaign.

Palin reminds me of the distant relative that comes into town for a family wedding so you offer to put them up in a local motel and reserve it using your credit card. When they leave town you discover the left you with the bill for the room, emptied the mini-bar- took a few plush bathrobes with them, and charged three sets of meals to the room. As long as they can feed at the trough and somebody else is paying, its party time.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 5:28 pm
Insolent Pup

hal wrote:

Does it not concern you, TED, that how Obama spent that 750 million is so hard to find details on?
How do you reach a conclusion absent of any evidence? You have a crystal ball that you are not sharing with the rest of us in America?

I didn't know that what Obama spent his money on was hard to find. Do you have a news story or something to corroborate that accusation?

Funny description, sf.

The 11/3 Project

halplm
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 8:40 pm
b77 whipping boy

THERE ARE NO NEWS STORIES ABOUT HOW HE SPENT ALL THAT MONEY.

That's the point.

If he spent less, all articles about Palin would point that out. They do not, so he must have spent more. This is a simple deduction, it's not hard to understand.

The left wing nut press doesn't even want to dig into how he spent $750 million, much less give it any press. But Palin ooohh... spends some money on clothes and she's the devil.

I wish you lefties could grow up and just argue against the ideas you find so distastful, rather than try to distort truth to try to make the people that have those ideas look bad.

Or, of course, you could admit that you have no skill to debate those ideas whatsoever.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 8:52 pm

Sgt. Halplm "Sorry kid but we are gonna have to arrest ya."
Barry "I din't do nuthin... I swear."
Sgt. Halplm "I can't ignore the mountain of evidence against you son."
Barry "what evidence ... I didn't do nuthin."
Sgt. Halplm " You lefties are tricky ones, I'll give you that much. Thing is that there is no evidence against you. I looked and looked and searched and searched and didn't find anything."
Barry "good - so let me go."
Sgt. Halplm "The absence of evidence is the suspicious thing son. Its the absence of all that evidence... you might say a mountain of non-evidence that causes my years of experience to just know you are guilty."
Barry "You have no detective skills at all. You are just pickin on me cause you don't like me."
Sgt. Halplm "Shut up punk - thats my line."

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. - John Rogers

Dawnnamira
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:10 pm

I'm slightly offended to be grouped in with the liberal press simply because I might agree that they did spend a lot on making Palin look good. :suspicious:

How strange it is to be anything at all

halplm
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:21 pm
b77 whipping boy

Then show me how much Obama spent on clothes? Does no one else find it odd that there are NO news stories on this? There's lots of people that want tot know the answer on the internet, but no one has the answer.

But, then, the left isn't concerned with truth, only their own version of the truth.

yovargas
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:24 pm

halplm wrote:
and yet no one can pull up the evidence of me being part of the problem. It's just people like you who want to blame me for some other personal reasons
halplm wrote:
I wish you lefties could grow up
halplm wrote:
Or, of course, you could admit that you have no skill to debate those ideas whatsoever.

Riverthalos
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:28 pm
bioalchemist

An absence of evidence is proof of nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"He attacks. And here I can kill him. But I don't. That's the answer to world peace, people."
-Stickles Shihan

TheEllipticalDisillusion
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:29 pm
Insolent Pup

hal wrote:
THERE ARE NO NEWS STORIES ABOUT HOW HE SPENT ALL THAT MONEY.

That's the point.

If he spent less, all articles about Palin would point that out. They do not, so he must have spent more. This is a simple deduction, it's not hard to understand.

The left wing nut press doesn't even want to dig into how he spent $750 million, much less give it any press. But Palin ooohh... spends some money on clothes and she's the devil.
The absence of evidence isn't proof of wrong doing. You say it is a simple deduction, and yet you don't seem to understand this idea.

Ultimately, my point with Palin is that she spends money that isn't hers on herself. For all I know, Obama bought 700 million dollars worth of popcorn, but without any proof, all that would be is a baseless accusation.
hal wrote:
I wish you lefties could grow up and just argue against the ideas you find so distastful, rather than try to distort truth to try to make the people that have those ideas look bad.

That is the most laughable part of your post. Do you want to know the definition of ad hominem? Read this part, and then read all of the posts above. That's the definition.

The 11/3 Project

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:43 pm

Flatfoot rookie: "Wow that Sgt. Halplm doesn't let anything stop him from getting his man."
Veteran cop: "Thats a good lesson to learn rookie. Evidence or no evidence Sgt. Halplm always gets his man."
Flatfoot rookie: "And I guess no evidence is a lot easier to work with."
Veteran cop: "you're learning kid. Just keep close to Sgt. Halplm and pretty soon you'll be convicting people without any evidence either."
Flatfoot rookie: "You think so? Gosh, that Sgt. Halplm, he's my hero."

Holbytla
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 9:46 pm
Grumpy cuz I can be

That's enough of the nonsense. Please stick to posts about the topic.

[ img ]

sauronsfinger
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 10:18 pm

In the interest of honest disclosure

from Friday Dec 5 edition of WWWD
Quote:
OBAMA’S NEW LOOK: It’s been 15 years since President-elect Barack Obama has bought a new tux — and his inauguration is the perfect time to break that string. Obama, who during the campaign touted U.S. competitiveness and decried the plight of the American worker, plans to wear a union-made tuxedo by Hart Schaffner Marx to the inaugural balls on Jan. 20, said Bruce Raynor, general president of UNITE HERE, the main apparel union, which endorsed Obama early in the primary season. Raynor told WWD that he was recently on a phone call with the President-elect and six other union presidents when the talk turned to what Obama would wear on the big day, which is expected to draw from 1 million to 4 million people to Washington. “As soon as he got on the phone, he told me he was working on his new tuxedo from Hart Schaffner Marx,” Raynor said. “He said after 15 years, it is time for a new one.” The Chicago-based men’s wear firm, founded in 1883, was one of the first clothing companies to enter into a collective bargaining agreement with a union in 1911. Homi Patel, president, chairman and chief executive officer of parent Hartmarx Corp. said he is working with the President-elect’s staff to determine whether Obama will wear a suit with a topcoat to the inauguration ceremony.

Jnyusa
Posted: Sun 07 Dec , 2008 11:35 pm
One of the Bronte Sisters

The Obama's already reported how much campaign money they spent on clothing: Zero

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."
Epigraph on the tombstone of W.C. Fields.

Ara-anna
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 2:18 am
Daydream Believer

Which I guess proves they spent billions, right :scratch:. Because the left wing media, which I guess includes Rush, haven't found out anything, so apparently Obama is guilty of spending more money on his wardrobe than the CEO's of the banks and oil companies got in bonuses.

In fact the katrillion billion zillion mazillion dollar shoes Obama bought is the actual reason the auto companies, banks, mortgages, and catching bil Ladin have all failed in the last 8 years.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

Five seconds away from the Tetons and Yellowstone

Eruname
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 12:15 pm
Islanded in a Stream of Stars

halplm wrote:
left wing nut press
Quote:
Now who again thinks there's something wrong here and wants more respect? :scratch:
Quote:
Most ironic statement EVAR FTW!! :damnfunny: :damnfunny: :damnfunny:

Abandon this fleeting world
abandon yourself.
Then the moon and flowers
will guide you along the way.

-Ryokan

http://wanderingthroughmiddleearth.blogspot.com/

Jude
Posted: Mon 08 Dec , 2008 1:55 pm
Aspiring to heresy

Looking on the bright side, I'd say that 300K is an awfully small price to pay for not having Palin lead your country. I'd say you folks got off lightly.

[ img ]

Melkor and Ungoliant in need of some relationship counselling.

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 2 of 6  [ 119 posts ]
Return to “The Symposium” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: