board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

It's off to see the Hobbit. Edit now with photos!

Post Reply   Page 7 of 11  [ 202 posts ]
Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 911 »
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 05 Jan , 2006 12:40 am
I've cried a thousand oceans, and I would cry a thousand more if that's what it takes to sail you home.

I'm fully enjoying all the stories about Ro and her family. :D:D

*E*

[ img ] For always.

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 2:04 pm
The easily amuse-OH SHINY!

Back in Warsaw now. We are going to go see Narnia tonight. I read the book once a long time ago and wanted to reread it before, but never got the chance so I will just have to wing it and read later :P

I bought myself goodies yesterday! A chess set and other stuffs! We are thinking about going to the photography swapmeet tomorrow. Hope I can find some good stuff there!

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 6:03 pm
Wembley bound

Sounds like fun. :D

Sometime I'll show you a photograph my father took of the Twin Towers in New York when he lived there and its the best picture of the towers I've ever seen.

Profile Quote
moonfariegalena
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 6:35 pm
The Woman who Knows her Vegetables

*sigh*..... I`m listening to ALL the wrong songs....feeling cheesy and am totally and completely jelous :neutral:

glad you`re enjoying yourselves, lovelies :love:

I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.

N. Gaiman

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 9:09 pm

but.. but... what can be better than cheesy songs?

I'd like to see the photo TWT.

btw... Liked Narnia ;)

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
moonfariegalena
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 07 Jan , 2006 9:24 pm

gimli_axe_wielder wrote:
but.. but... what can be better than cheesy songs?

pfft....don`t even get me started =:)

I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.

N. Gaiman

Profile Quote
enchantress
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 8:44 am
Sorcery in Action

Narnia was great! We saw it last week... We liked it very much... Raf is even inspired to pick up the Chronicles and read for the first time!:D

Gimli when you coming home again?

Im glad youre having so much fun :):):)
Im leaving tomorrow morning... dammit... *goes to cry... and pack... and cry* :bawl:

Falling into Autumn... :)

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 4:52 pm

I leave Thursday :(

Went to the camera show today! didn't buy much but it was fun to look. I wish I could have found something more for my boss though. I found one little miniture camera with russian letters and such is pretty cool. I'll keep looking!

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 5:03 pm
*Ex-Admin of record*

Don't think of Thursday. Think of the next minute, the next hour you lucky guy! :D .. and :hug: to Rodia from me. Great to hear you're having a fab time. Enjoy every second and make it count. :D

Narnia is great! Saw it even before Christmas and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or my daughter. Definitely worth the read too :D ~ happy waves to Enchie and a :hug: for the blues.

It's raining... and freezing cold. Time for a hot chocolate and perhaps some Harry Potter :D

Profile Quote
gimli_axe_wielder
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 5:06 pm

we are going downstairs to watch 25th day now and I will enjoy some Pepsi and a ice cream treat :D mmmmm

*waves to alandriel*

Things and stuff.

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 6:09 pm
Wembley bound

Sounds romantic gimli. ;)

I've read Narnia more times than I can count and decided when the news that the movie was coming out that I would not go see it. I haven't. :) Seen to many book-to-movie adaptations of my favorite books to want to see them screw up another...

Profile Quote
moonfariegalena
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 6:13 pm

TWT, I agree on the book-to-movie adaptations, but I feel like Narnia might be a positive exemption- haven`t seen it yet, though....

plenty more days till thursday to enjoy your lovely hobbit, Gimli dearling :D

N. Gaiman

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 2:10 am

Just a quick post with one photo...

[ img ]

This is not Narnia. This is where my grandparents grew up.

[ img ]
Help me go to the North Pole! by Magic Madzik, on Flickr

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 3:15 am
Wembley bound

That's absolutely beautiful Ro. :love: :love: :love: Looks exactly like where I grew up in northern Canada. I love the north, the snow and the cold. When I see pictures like that I find myself drifting off dreaming that I live back in the north where life was simpler. :)

Profile Quote
cemthinae
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 3:55 am
TTBK's cemmie

Ro & Gimli, glad you have had such a great time! :D

Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
TWT
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 4:02 am
Wembley bound

BTW, Rodia, can you see the Northern Lights there at night? Perhaps you call them the Aurora Borealis. And what parallel are you at?

Profile Quote
Amrunelen
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 8:31 pm
wencherific

Beautiful picture...*sigh*

All of our precious snow is gone here. Melted away by rain.

[ img ]

"Morning has broken and I have felt a presence that disturbs
me with the joy of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime of
something far more deeply interfused, whose dwelling is the
light of setting suns, and the round ocean and the living air,
and the blue sky, and in the mind of man; a motion and a
spirit, that impels." -Wordsworth

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 10 Jan , 2006 9:12 am

The Northern Lights? We call them Zorza Polarna but no, we're nowhere close getting to see it.

We went to Lodz yesterday, the city of Enchie. :P I took Gimli to see my school...he failed to comprehend the monstrosity that is Building Z, or as we call it, Saddam's Mausoleum... :P Well there isn't much to see in my school.

Then we went to the Jewish Cemetary, very beautiful and moving in winter. After that, a military store where Gimli had a little conversation with the owner about double-edged blades, and the owner said ' I can't believe California is ruled by Schwarzenegger and these are still illegal.' :P Then we went to Piotrkowska Street, which is jokingly (but not quite) called the only street in Lodz. :P

I swear to all the saints, I tried to take him to a more 'local' kind of restaurant. I didn't want to go all Polish because as you know from our account of Christmas Eve, it's not his kind of food at all. But Lodz was a largely Jewish town, so where better to go than Anatevka.

We took one glance at the menu and ran away screaming. Stuffed goose neck? Fried goose livers? What is it Jews have against geese and food that doesn't make you gag just by reading the name? :O

We ended up at The Mexican, same place I took Estel when she was here. And, funnily enough, we ended up with an identical order. :D Chris enjoyed it, and I do love that restaurant, it's fun. The big neon up the stairs saying 'Waitress is available sometimes' was supposed to be a joke- but the note at the foot of the menu was a genuine Polglish gaffe.
"Paper instance of dishes for insight into at manager of restaurant."

:LMAO:

Ah, the joy of false friend words. But the food was not paper, thankfully, it was delicious.

After the meal we took a rickshaw back to the end of the street, and I felt bad for the driver, but then again, that's his job and his money. And we ended the day by going to see my ex-roomie up on the fourth floor. She gave us tea and cakes and we all had a nice time. The end.

:P

Pretty calm day. Today we wanted to go to the Uprising Museum but it's closed on Tuesdays so Wednesday it is. We will instead go around to the Old Town again, maybe to the Ghetto Uprising Monument, the Etnographical museum because it has a neat shop, maybe the Library or the Lazienki Park depending on how tired Chris is, perhaps a glance into the National Museum though I don't think he's all that into art, judging by the long face he made while I admired masterpieces in London. :P

And of course, we will go to the post office and demand to see the manager, because my package has not arrived.

[ img ]

TRYING TO GET TO THE NORTH POLE! You can help by voting: http://www.blogyourwaytothenorthpole.com/entries/244

Profile Quote
Rodia
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 12 Jan , 2006 7:56 am

Well, he went home. Hopefully once he gets some sleep he'll upload more photos. :P

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andri
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 12 Jan , 2006 8:09 am

Ro :hug:

Gimli :hug:

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 7 of 11  [ 202 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 15 6 7 8 911 »
Jump to: