Post Reply   Page 45 of 79  [ 1567 posts ]
Jump to page « 143 44 45 46 4779 »
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 01 Jan , 2006 3:34 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Happy 2006 Everyone

:horse: :horse:

I has been a seemingly busy week - we spent most of it with my family in Somerset, drinking and eating to excess; then came back to spend an evening with Satch and Eru and Berhael; and then last night, New years Eve, was spent playing daft games and eating fish and chips with my sister and her boyfriend.

I'm exhausted enough now to need another week to recover! :P

There were some awesome Christmas pressies however - tops was a digital camera - at long flippin' last! There are a few issues to iron out - namely the inability of the camera to fomat the memory card - but it should make photo sharing so much easier!

It is good to see you come out of the shadows Eari. When do you fly back to Canada?

Taurie, it was lovely to meet up with you again the other day. I feel terrible that we rushed off so quickly. :oops: Hopefully next time we will have longer and maybe the weather will be a little less English for us!

Nin, thank you for the text. It meant a lot that you thought of us then. I hope 2006 brings you happiness, and even more I hope we get to meet again! :)

Don :hug: Thank you again for organising the Secret Santa! :)

Kaya, thank you for your text and the nice long indulgent emails! :D

Also found on Facebook - hunt me down via the MetaTORC group.

[ img ]

I just adore the concept of washing Dirty Horseboys!

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 02 Jan , 2006 12:45 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Happy New Year to all of you.

Time is still limited, and my thoughts are busy, but I am thinking of you all.

Kaya, thanks for the text.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Taurië
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 05 Jan , 2006 1:59 pm
getting out of lurkdom

Happy new year Orphans :)

I had a fantastic Christmas and a wonderful start of the year.
Now I'm home, still on holiday but my love has gone back to England yesterday and I feel very lonely after two weks spent together.

This beginning of 2006 is a turning point for me as I have made my decision to move to England to stay with my boyfriend. :D :scared: :D

I have four days before going back to work to start planning my move to England, get rid of tons of rubbish, sort through loads of papers, do lists of things to take with me and take painful decisions about what will have to be left behind :neutral:

And worst of all I have to tell my parents that I'm leaving Italy. :(
I know that they won't be pleased at all about my decision and that's why I'm procrastinating....

Well, I guess I'll have to get rid of this burden very soon, wish me luck :D

Leoba,
don't feel bad about that, the weather and your schedule didn't allow for a longer meeting, but it was still great to see you and Din again. :)

And of course it was fantastic to meet Eru too.

:hug: to all the Orphans (and lurkers) ;) I Don't want to list names because I don't want to forget anyone. I always lurk even if I post rarely and I think of you all. I wish you a very happy 2006 :cheers:

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Thu 05 Jan , 2006 7:05 pm
I can't count but I'm cute

Good luck Taurie!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Your parents might not like your decision but it's yours to make dear :) I wish you all the best of luck and happiness. 2006 started off well for you ;)

*hugs*

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 1:56 pm
Tricksy Elf!

I think Tauries decision is fab, mostly as we get to see more of her and hopefully Matty next time.

Ummm, ponders, can we corrupt them into an RP weekend soon :devil:

Nin, special hugs, just because.

Kaya, Jae, Eari, missing you lot loads at the moment. Must get you to visit sometime this year, or plan some sort of get together someplace.

[/looking whistful]

Profile Quote
Nin
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 3:00 pm
Per aspera ad astra

Dindraug... just because or have you spotted that it's my birthday...

I'm 36 today and maybe finally a grown-up.

Nichts Schöneres unter der Sonne als unter der Sonne zu sein.
(Ingeborg Bachmann)

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 3:20 pm

Happy birthday Nin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big hugs and lots of love to you my darling :love: :love: :love: :love:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

~Other half of the Menacing Glare Duo~ partner-in-crime out to confuse the world!

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 3:37 pm
Troubadour of Ithilien

Nin, I do hope you have a great birthday (what there's left of it). But don't ever grow up entirely... it's very overrated! ;) :hug:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ToshoftheWuffingas
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 3:47 pm
Filthy darwinian hobbit

Happy birthday Nin, what a nice present the Magi brought!

(edit for clarity)

[ img ]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos

Norwich Beer Festival 2009

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 8:18 pm

*hugs* for lovely Din

you know you guys can come see me anytime ;) There still is a trip to Archeon waiting on the horizon.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
eärendil
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 06 Jan , 2006 9:45 pm
citoyenne du monde

A quick fly by from Montreal Canada, where I arrived on Tuesday :mrgreen: as a student (for now ;))...

Once again Happy New Year everyone :mrgreen:

Happy Birthday Nin chérie :love:

Taurië, it'll be alright, they'll understand even if it takes a bit of time that your happiness is more important than you being far away. I know my father has finally ;). I'm thinking of you for now ;) I know what it's like to go through this process ;)

love you all :love: :love:

I Endure in order to Reflect
Transcending Order
I seal the Matrix of Endlessness
With the Cosmic tone of Presence
I am guided by the power of Spirit

Who can say if I've been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good

Profile Quote
*Alandriel*
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 11:58 am
*Ex-Admin of record*

O wow! :Q :D First time I get on the puter since coming back (just barely made it home by 5 minutes to midnight on the fortuitous day.... but more or that later…) and what do my weary eyes see?!?!?!?

Taurië: fantastic news!!!! :D
A big decision – lots of guts on your part :D But no worries, living in the UK is half as bad as everybody will have you believe ;) besides, there are low cost airlines these days aplenty and so you can make the best of both worlds. (psst! That's the perfect ticket by the way to help ease your parents into the thought of you living far away…. it's only about two hours really ;) :D
Good luck with it all and do yell if you need any help or advise. We have a great team of experts in this house and on this board :)

Leoba & Din: of course I'm suitably jealous that you got to meet all the best people but at least now there are no more excuses for not having more pictures to share :P :D What a most excellent X-mass pressie!! :D (now why-oh-why did I never think of that) Hope you're both well and looking forward to the next lunch or whatever can be arranged :)

….. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CARDS …. :D:D

I was really lucky this year for I got some before I got away and then got back to some more. They really made me smile and feel all fuzzy and warm :D THANKS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIN :love: :love: :love:
one day late :blackeye: but I hope you'll forgive me.
I hope this coming year will bring you happiness and peace. I wish you more successes with your considerable writing talent and that you never give up. And remember: the journey is more important even than the goal. You have come a long way my dear yet it's just the beginning :D

…. Now I wish I had more time on my hands to tell you a bit about my adventures, including the piece of getting in just 5 minutes before midnight on New Year's eve or how to survive in -40C :Q (no exaggeration!) but I must run (and also upload my pics ;) )

Have a good week!

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 5:22 pm

*runs in screaming before banging head against the wall*

in case you haven't guessed, it's exam time again :P

I start with Spanish tomorrow.I crammed as much grammar as possible into this tiny head of mine and keeping fingers crossed i can somehow pull through like last time. :scratch:

More news, we have no officialy started the renovations in my room: new bookcase, new case for little stuff, will get a new bed, maybe a new floor mirror too! :Q :D

will have to sort paint out later this week

:love:

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
Guruthostirn
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 08 Jan , 2006 6:26 pm
That Weird American

I Hate it when I don't get updates...please, I beg forgiveness from all of you for being absent sooooo long...

Happy birthday Nin! I'm sorry I missed it...but better late than never! Many ***hugs*** to you my friend, and I look forward to the next time I speak with you!

Eari, nice to see you back in a closer time zone...don't be a stranger, drop us some IM's some time! Can't wait to hear from you!

:grouphug: to everyone else! I hope the New Year brings everyone good times!

That crazy American Jerk...

"No stop signs, speed limits, no body's gonna slow me down..."

"You can run, but you'll die tired." -- What the archer said to the knight.

Profile Quote
Dindraug
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 8:30 am
Tricksy Elf!

[crack of lightning post]

Happy Birthday Nin, huuuugh hugs

Sorry I missed it Friday, it was Three Kings day and you know what that means ;)

Happy 'Dance Day' all,

and big sloppy Oli[phantine Kiss for Eari :D :D :D

Profile Quote
Taurië
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 09 Jan , 2006 11:36 am
getting out of lurkdom

Thank you all guys for your support :love: :love: :love:

Jae,
yes, it is my decision to make and I normally am lucky with my decisions, so I’m quite confident about it. :D Good luck for your exams. I don’t think you need it though, we all know that you’re a brilliant student. ;)

Din,
It’s great to receive some support about my decision. :cool: Thank you. :love:
I surely intend to see more of you and the lovely Leoba in the near future, and if we can untangle Matty from work commitments I will drag him to a minim77t too. :D

Eari,
Thank you so much for your thoughts :love: , I really hope that my parents will be happy for me in some time. :) Good luck for your own big choices!

Alandriel,
It’s great to see you posting. I hope you enjoyed your holidays. Wow, -40 sounds absolutely horrid. :scared:
Regarding my decision I am normally a gutless person, so yes, it is a big step for a control freak like me. :blackeye: Thank you very much for the encouragement. :love: I have loads of questions of course, so since you asked…;)
My biggest worry is that once I’m there I will be (ugh!) unemployed. :scared: My English is half decent, so I would try to get an office job of some sort. I already have my c.v. on a few websites but I’m planning to start active job-hunting once I’m on location. Do you or anyone else know if recruitment agencies are any good?

Nin, happy belated birthday. I wish you all the best for this 2006 :)

Here’s my update:
I decided that yesterday would have to be F-day, (fess-up day), so last night, after a long self-assurance and self-convincing session I collected parts of my guts that were scattered all over the place and told my parents the news.

They took it just as badly as I supposed :( :( , my dad looked like he was about to have a heart attack, he went all pale and kept saying “no, no, noâ€

Profile Quote
EdaintheRanger
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 13 Jan , 2006 3:36 am
The Red Fox

Darn how could I miss it.

:shock: :(

Happy Belated Birthday Nin [/size]

Many, many happy returns for 2006, may you have a better year. :)

... And of course A big Hey to Everyone Else too. :wave:

We need courage, faith and Chocolate Cake.

Profile Quote
Leoba
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 13 Jan , 2006 9:14 am
Troubadour of Ithilien

Taurie, I'm really glad you managed to tell your parents. I know it's different to the UK in terms of parental controls but I think each of us has to go through the path of demonstrating to our parents that their babies are all grown up. I'm sure one they get used to the idea and see you happy they'll come around. :) Good luck getting all your things shipped over... I bet that's going to be pricey! :Q

Edain, my dear - how are you?

Nin :hug:

I am very tired... long week (couple of weeks) with no sign of letting up for another couple of months I'd guess!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Jaeniver
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 13 Jan , 2006 1:22 pm

Just had my week of exams and I am slightly weary of the outcome lol. We'll see how dramatic things went.

Because i have no retakes from last term i now have one week to take a deep breath before plunging into my second project on foreign export ( oh joy:roll: ) and the week will be spend doing some work for my new term. maybe that will keep the stress levels down if i work in advance ;)

Leoba- *hugs* dearest for your busy weeks. take deep breaths and ask Din for a massage when things get too much ;) Missing you and Din loads actually :(.

Nin-hugs and thinking of you my darling. you be strong.

Alandriel- oh the treat of catching you in your lurkdom!!! gah! the time that went by! well, I am very glad to spend a few minutes talking to you. sending you lots of positive vibes and will keep my eyes open for you whenever you lurk next ;)

Edain-thanks for the wonderful night of freudian chats lmao!

Kaya-Duckje, ik denk aan je en we moeten echt eens over die vakantie babbelen ;) lijkt me geweldig met jou in een tent bwaha :LMAO: kun je een beetje koken op een 3 pitter? :scratch: en hoe zijn je jagers kunsten? misschien moeten we Eomer meenemen :P knuffels!

Eari-safe and sound in Canada again. missing you dearest. email me sometime how you are now. you didn't seem sure last time we talked :) *hugs*

Crys-simple hugs for you my dear!!! :D:D

Taurie-I think any parent would react like that. I am sure my mother would hate me leaving home but she will have to get used to it anyway because i'll be abroad for 6 months anyway. but it's your decision and you're following your heart as we all must in life :D I for one think you are very brave and it's very romantic ;) Good luck with the preparations!!

if i missed anyone sorry! this is my first big post lol so hugs to you! I am off to read a book and enjoy my little week of semi-quietness.

So give me your forever.
Please your forever.
Not a day less will do
From you

Profile Quote
EdaintheRanger
Post subject:
Posted: Fri 13 Jan , 2006 6:40 pm
The Red Fox

Arhm Okay thanks Leoba.

Just discovering further limitations...

Other than that I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea and counting my virtues.

:D

Always a pleasure Jae. I just go with the flow of the conversation. :whistle:

Ohh New Year and new life Taurie I just wish you and Matty all the best in your life together. I guess your parents will survive, learn to survive. :)

We need courage, faith and Chocolate Cake.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 45 of 79  [ 1567 posts ]
Return to “The Turf” | Jump to page « 143 44 45 46 4779 »
Jump to: