I'm coming to you with an unusual request, namely to 'retire' my identity yet keep it accessible to all Rangers/Admins should this become necessary at any time in the future. Thing is - and yes, I should have asked this a long while back already but time just flew by and I let it
- despite the fact that B77 has a well working rotating Admin/Ranger system in place, as the founder of B77, I will forever stay the Admin of record with phpbb. It's about time this was to change and I be made a regular member.
I've contacted PHPBB and asked them how to go about handing over the admin of record
account to someone else and their answer was quite simple: just hand it over, let other people access it; and that would of course be the Rangers.
Thing is, I still want to use my Alandriel ID. It's grown rather comfortable on me over the years
PHPBB said the name could be altered and hand in hand with that also the password, email etc. So, with your permission, I would propose the following
- edit the username Alandriel to new **alandriel** (posts done by me up to date will remain recognizable
- create a new password for **alandriel** of your choosing (don't tell me), fill in the b77 yahoo address as email address and then deactivate this user (not delete, just deactivate
- make this information available somewhere under 'sensitive'; just in case a Ranger some day may need to access it
- I will create a new account with just the good ol' Alandriel and I can go 'back to normal'
Please consider my request and let me know. Thanks