board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Reunion/Checkmate discussion thread

Post Reply   Page 4 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 641 »
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 03 Jul , 2005 4:24 pm

No no no, don't get any false ideas here about the Tour! We want to see someone else in yellow this year (in Paris, I mean). Otherwise it would end up being as boring as last year's. There must be more competition, especially now that Erik Zabel isn't there to make the flat etappes cool to watch ;) :P

Post is almost finished.

Oh, and there better be guards around, otherwise Beregond's going to be in real trouble ;) But, well, the guards know their business well, and also how to hide themselves. They're like good servants: present when needed, invisible otherwise :) Or at least that's what they're supposed to be, anyway.

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 03 Jul , 2005 6:24 pm

...besides, having guards there would spoil the atmosphere!

I love Mablung's 'subtle' attempts to set this up right! Great post, and I'm extremely anxious to see the response!

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 03 Jul , 2005 7:07 pm

So am I. And so's Faramir ;)

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 03 Jul , 2005 11:33 pm
A maiden young and sad

Now it's my turn to wait.

:whistle:

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 12:24 am

I am awed by the last two posts! You ladies have outdone yourselves! The interplay between Mablung and Faramir is marvelous and shows their mutual trust and understanding. Mablung's sudden urge to go hunt raspberries was so sweet, and I loved it when he threatened to push Faramir out into the sunlight. I ached :( for Faramir as he watched his family; he's had such a horrible four months that he can't really believe all is well and claim the happiness he deserves. And there probably is some undeserved guilt for not being there, especially since they were nearly killed in his absence and by his enemy.

Eowyn's response is also heartwrenching :( - she is horrified by Faramir's physical condition and stunned at his return. I'm not quite sure why she feels unable to move though - there had better not be days of these two wounded souls dodging each other with misery in their eyes :bawl: . They both need each other's comfort - especially Faramir, since he is physically so weakened. Eowyn's observation of Faramir's more cautious steps was a sad (and skillful in terms of writing) reminder of the effect his experience has had on him - in his own mind, he is not out of danger yet, both emotional and physical, as well as just being physically drained.

I'm also rather worried for Faramir - all this stress can't be good for his heart. Please, ladies, no heart attacks or sudden arrows from archers hidden in trees :Q ! (that dream had better be just a nightmare, not a prophecy!) I want some hugging and kissage and hand-holding and not just the kids and Faramir, Faramir and Eowyn :hug: ! Although I want to see Faramir's POV on meeting Elboron again.

MORE, soon, please! :help:

RAKSHA :cool:

"And it is I, Raksha [the Demon] who answer!"

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 3:43 am

I agree with Raksha! Ahh, beautiful, and I can't wait to see how everything plays out. We've been following Faramir and Éowyn for so long, and seen their letters, but it will be great to finally see them interact in person- the differences, and what distance couldn't change. :love:

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 3:35 pm

To ease certain concerns that have come up: there won't be any hidden assassins, and a heart-attack is also highly unlikely ;) And there will be "hugging and kissage" :D

Next post coming up soon.

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 7:17 pm

YES! :cheerleader: They're together! :cheers Love has triumphed and Faramir is home, really home! :love: Color me a happy reader! :D

Keep going; Faramir and Eowyn can keep cuddling for awhile as far as I'm concerned - they have four months of embraces to catch up on. Of course, they've got to make sure the babies don't roll off into the pond; but hopefully Rian will return soon. And then Faramir has to see Eomer, Turin and Visilya, Beregond, Azrahil and everyone else who has missed him, including Pharzi (I hope that Eomer will finally come around to trusting poor dear Azzy). Then he's got to get some food and rest! How did Faramir get a scar on his forehead, btw? I remember AJ hitting him to knock him out, but not stabbing or cutting him there?

I would love to see Azrahil write a letter to his dear uncle telling him that Faramir is alive, well, and happily reunited with his beloved family, friends and king, while AJ is either a prisoner or a disgraced fugitive and probably the laughing-stock of Umbar as well.

RAKSHA :cheers

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 7:36 pm

Oooh yes, that would be a lovely letter :D

Reminds me that I have to give thought to what happened to AJ ... :scratch

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 8:14 pm
A maiden young and sad

Forehead scare came from one of the darts used to knock him out when this all started.

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 04 Jul , 2005 8:36 pm

I thought those darts carried the poison; ah but it does make sense that they carried sedatives. If that dart was strong enough to scar him, even after the medical treatment he received from his captors, then there would probably be scars from where the other darts struck him. So it was the water they gave him aboard the ship, that poisoned him...Poor Faramir has had too many poisons; good thing he's a strong Numenorean. Well, now that he's home, Eowyn will just have to kiss every scar to make him feel better I guess...

I would guess that Azrahil feels some guilt about having led the expedition that captured and poisoned Faramir, especially knowing the effects of the poison, that Faramir's life could be shortened as well as made more fragile in general. I wonder how Azrahil grew up, motherless and in a house of vipers, to have the sense of honor that enabled him to finally break with his scummy "master" and help Faramir. He must have latched on to old legends and tales that taught the importance of honor, to help himself cope with the lack of attention he received, the lack of love. Perhaps there was some old soldier of the clan's guardsmen who took an interest in the lonely half-caste boy and bothered to spend time and teach him, talk to him of honor and other things...Azrahil also seems to have an imagination, and less of an overweening ego than AJ. Azzy is obviously hungry for affection, though he wouldn't say so, look at the way he became attached to Pharzi after she offered him non-judgmental physical affection. It's a good thing that Faramir came home when he did; I can easily see Azzy becoming obsessed with Eowyn, since she would represent both a mother and a Lady to him...

RAKSHA

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 05 Jul , 2005 3:29 am

Quote:
It's a good thing that Faramir came home when he did; I can easily see Azzy becoming obsessed with Eowyn, since she would represent both a mother and a Lady to him...
Really? I think he would definitely respect her, but I don't know why he would become 'obsessed'...

Anyways, I can't wait for the next installment! (This seems to be a theme...)

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 05 Jul , 2005 3:51 am

Maybe obsessed isn't the best word. More like Azzy could easily get a huge crush on Eowyn and follow her around like a puppy, trying to be helpful and considerate, maybe attempt to befriend Elboron (which he might do anyway, now that Faramir's home and can break the ice) :)...

RAKSHA, also wanting the next installment - expecting the Ithilien equivalent of a brass band and a parade to welcome Faramir home, hugs from Eomer and Turin, a manly pat on the uninjured shoulder from Azrahil, tears from Beregond and the other sentimental guards, and a thorough checkup from Teherin, folllowed by lots of TLC from Eowyn and a visit from Imrahil. Or something like that! :cool:

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 05 Jul , 2005 4:43 pm

Squeeeeee! :D Reunion hugs and kissage! :love: Our hero and heroine so deserve these moments; and so do I for faithfully hanging in there for months of suffering! :bawl:

I have a feeling you'd need a crowbar to pry Eowyn loose from her Faramir for the next few days at least. Wonder if Faramir's strong enough to see if his....equipment....is in working order. No hurry on that, though; I'm all for Faramir resting up and getting pampered.

RAKSHA :cheers

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 05 Jul , 2005 10:02 pm

Oh, wow. Totally missed the fact that there was a second page! I've been all... "Wow, what's taking them so long?" And it was a moment of high tension, just my luck... so now I've read the second page and it was splendid!

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Jul , 2005 7:38 am

:D

Well, this way you could really share in the characters' tension, like Raksha has shared the ordeal of waiting for the next letter ;)

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Jul , 2005 7:28 pm
A maiden young and sad

LOL!! The little 2 next to the 1 means there's a second page. ;) Hehe, classic. That made my day!

Oh, Khor, don't know if you got the update email, but two months to the day after I was supposed to reply, I managed to get a post up for TS. :clap:

Whoa!!! This is so cool!!: :fight:

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 06 Jul , 2005 8:24 pm

Ooh, I like the StarWars smiley? That's really cool! :D

Got the notification for TS, and hope to manage to get a post written tomorrow. This evening I doubt I'll manage, because I'm quite tired. Spent two hours cycling in the rain this afternoon, which was ... well ... wet and cold, but good. Saw a little fox from up close. It sat next to the road, and only moved when I chased it into the forest so that it didn't get run over by a car.

But yeah, it's great to see the thread revived :)

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 1:06 pm

Just wanted to mention that I'm reading and enjoying the posts, but have had no time to comment in the past few days - hopefully tonight or tomorrow...Love the way Faramir talks to Elboron; gently but without baby talk, and showing him the world in a friendly way.

RAKSHA :cool:

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 4:28 pm
A maiden young and sad

A fox passing through the wood on business of his own stopped several minutes by the side of the road and sniffed.

'A cycler!' he thought. 'Well, what's next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a cycler cycling in the rain in the afternoon. Two hours! There's something mighty queer behind this.' He was quite right, but he never found out any more about it because the cycler chased him into the wood.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 641 »
Jump to: