board77

The Last Homely Site on the Web

Reunion/Checkmate discussion thread

Post Reply   Page 5 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 741 »
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 09 Jul , 2005 6:17 pm

:D Of course I thought of Tolkien's fox as well when I met the little one ... ;)

Can't say I like the pic underneath your name, LoR ... ;) By all accounts his team was a bit on the weak side today :devil:

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Jul , 2005 3:16 pm
A maiden young and sad

So Khorazir, what's Faramir going to do about a sword now?

And I'm sure you were pleased that Lance gave his lead away to someone else for awhile yesterday. :P

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Jul , 2005 4:51 pm

I was really happy for Jens Voigt yesterday, because if anybody has earned the yellow jersey, it's him. Let's hope he's going to wear it for some time now ;)

Sword? Er ... must be having a dumb moment right now, because I don't have a clue what you mean.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Mon 11 Jul , 2005 4:53 pm
A maiden young and sad

Well, I thought that when Faramir was captured, Az and co. took away his scimitar. And it was obvious during the ship-duel that he didn't have one of his own anymore.

Unless for some odd reason he left it at home that fateful day and went unarmed? :scratch

Ithilien, the garden of Gondor now desolate kept still a dishevelled dryad loveliness.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Jul , 2005 1:44 am

Is it possible that Azrahil left the scimitar hidden somewhere on BG, and it could be retrieved?

As sweet as the interaction between Faramir, Eowyn and the kids is, the writer in me says it's time to move the action along and get back to the house, have Faramir interact with Turin and Eomer and Azzy. Not to mention that Teherin should check Faramir out; after Faramir has a good home-cooked meal...

RAKSHA :cool:

"And it is I, Raksha [the Demon] who answer!"

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Jul , 2005 7:02 am

I'm sure he'd be all for the meal ;)

I've wondered about the scimitar as well, and decided that he "attached" it to Narâk so that it wouldn't be captured, knowing that he wouldn't be in a condition to use it when his captors arrived. It's unlikely that he went without it when he set out, and he wouldn't want to lose it (and see it in the hands of AJ), given its significance.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Jul , 2005 1:17 pm
A maiden young and sad

I don't think the twins would mind a chance for a meal either. they're starting to get fussy. :neutral:

Ah, thanks for the explanation about the scimitar. ;) Though I'm sure AJ could've sold it for quite a large sum of money on eBay if he had gotten ahold of it.

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Tue 12 Jul , 2005 4:39 pm

Wonder if Khorazîr would have bidden for it ...

Hope to get a post written soonish.

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Wed 13 Jul , 2005 8:07 am

Yay; you've picked up the pace again! Faramir :blackeye has a lot of people to greet! Loved the way all the servants were peeking; and his closest friends gathered at the terrace, with the petals being strewn... :cheers

I felt bad for Azrahil, who must feel very awkward and alone right now. :( He needs Faramir to give him a hug and exchange some words...

He heard Elboron laugh merrily, and saw him hob about to try and catch some of the petals

Did you mean to say hob or hop?

And Faramir does need to tell Eowyn about the past few days, why he couldn't answer her letter, and get checked out by Teherin, and get some food and rest....

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 5:52 am

Poor Azrahil really feels odd-man-out...I hope Faramir will greet him in a way that leaves no doubt as to his faith in and friendship for Azzy. Though I assume Faramir will have greeted Eomer before Azzy; one shouldn't insult visiting kings of Rohan, even if one is a brother-in-law...

I'm worried about Teherin's concern for Faramir :help: - will the damage done to Faramir be left unresolved, or will it be clarified later? Somebody does have to make Faramir go to bed and rest, and soon...I'll be glad to volunteer for that chore :D !!!

Looking forward to more.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 4:20 pm
A maiden young and sad

w00t w00t, readin HP6 all day today. Just about halfway thru right now.

All my theories are blown to smitherines. :rage:

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 5:38 pm

I've only come to chapter 7, and am not allowed to read more today because my friends haven't started yet, and we want to meet tomorrow for the first therapy-session ... Pure torture! :help:

Yes, Faramir should really rest. I'm sure Teherin is going to check him once he's had a good sleep, and once more, most likely, when Elessar returns. As for Azzy's greeting, I'm going to give thought to that now (although I must admit to being somewhat distracted by a certain bunch of wizards and witches ... ;) ).

Oh, and during my cycling trip today I met another fox, a big one this time. They seem to be rather abundant around here this year. Them, and slowworms.

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 5:46 pm

I've been on vacation for a while, so it was lots of fun to come back and be able to read a big chunk of story at once! Anyways, all of the new additions are great... Looking forwards to more interaction between everybody.

Profile Quote
Raksha The Demon
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 5:55 pm

Am I the only one here who isn't reading HP6? I doubt I'll read it unless I hear it was better than GOBLET OF FIRE or ORDER OF THE PHOENIX; which I read, and didn't dislike, but didn't love either...

I want to see an Elessar/Faramir scene! Btw, LoR, I noticed in an earlier post that Eowyn referred to Aragorn as Elessar and wondered why, since she first met him as Aragorn. I would think she would still think of him as Aragorn...Just me being nitpicky (and having fun with the italix key).

[/i]

Profile Quote
Eldamir
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 6:52 pm

No, you're not the only one- I read 3/4 of the first HP book and disliked it, and haven't picked it up since.

Anyways, perhaps the way others adress him is just rubbing off on her?

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 7:13 pm
A maiden young and sad

100 pages to go!!

(Will post real comments later, had to check the weather for storms. ;))

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 8:40 pm
A maiden young and sad

SHE CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!! Nooooooooooooo!!!! :rage: :rage: :rage:

I think I reached chapter 7 at 2:30 this morning.Be prepared for further therapy sessions. And take tissues with you. :(
Quote:
Btw, LoR, I noticed in an earlier post that Eowyn referred to Aragorn as Elessar and wondered why, since she first met him as Aragorn. I would think she would still think of him as Aragorn...Just me being nitpicky (and having fun with the italix key).
I have to go along with Eldamir's comment, everyone else is calling him Elessar nowadays. :neutral:

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 9:42 pm

That doesn't sound good ... :(

Well, in a couple of days I'll know, I guess.

Profile Quote
Lady_of_Rohan
Post subject:
Posted: Sat 16 Jul , 2005 10:09 pm
A maiden young and sad

It's... interesting, to say the least.

Now go figure out what Azzy's going to do. ;)

Sweet home Indiana
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Khorazîr
Post subject:
Posted: Sun 17 Jul , 2005 7:57 am

Aye aye :bow:

Yesterday I didn't manage to because I had to watch a "best of" of yesterday's Tour ... ;)

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 5 of 41  [ 805 posts ]
Return to “Literary Rambles: There & Back Again...” | Jump to page « 13 4 5 6 741 »
Jump to: